奥普拉南加州大学安嫩伯格传播学院毕业典礼演讲

全球媒体界领袖、慈善家、制片人兼演员奥普拉·温弗瑞(Oprah Winfrey)5月11日在南加州大学安嫩伯格新闻与传播学院毕业典礼上发表了主题演讲。她在演讲中给毕业生们带来了一个好消息和坏消息,坏消息是:互联网和社交媒体正在某种程度上对社会产生一些不良影响,而好消息是:台下的学生们将来有能力去打击谎言,改变这一切。

– 视频和音频 –

– 演讲稿 –

你们毕业了

You did it.

谢谢!

Thank you!

谢谢 谢谢 谢谢 谢谢!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

谢谢Wallis Annenberg

Thank you Wallis Annenberg,

还要特别感谢Willow Bay院长

and a special thank you to Dean Willow Bay

邀请我来到这里

for inviting me here today.

以及所有父母、老师、家人、朋友、毕业生

And to the parents, again, I say, and faculty, family, friends, graduates,

大家早上好!

good morning!

我想说一句特别的话

I want to give a special shout out

因为我很高兴Bay院长邀请了我

because I was happy that Dean Bay invited me,

但我无论如何都会来

but I was going to be here anyway,

因为我可爱的女儿

because one of my lovely daughter girls

就在安嫩伯格新传学院

attends the Annenberg School of Journalism,

今天将获得她的硕士学位

and is getting her masters today,

所以无论我要不要演讲,我都会来

so I was coming whether I was speaking or not.

我要对一个年轻女孩说一句特别的话

So a special shoutout to a young woman

当她在七年级时我就认识了她

who I met when she was in the seventh grade

那是我第一年寻找

and it was the first year that I was looking for

聪明、有能力、有活力、善良、有爱心的女孩

smart, bright, giving, resilient, kind, open-hearted girls

有着无论如何都要坚持下去的意志

who had “it” – that factor, that means you keep going no matter what.

那年我可以独自选择推荐人选

And this was the year that I chose everybody individually.

我记得她走进小镇的办公室

And I remember her walking into the office in a little township

当时我们在南非各地进行采访

where we were doing interviews all over South Africa

她走进来,朗诵了一首关于她老师的诗

and she came in and recited a poem about her teacher

当她走出房门的时候,我说

and when she walked out the door I go,

“这就是我欣赏的女孩”

“That’s an ‘it’ girl.”

Thando Dlomo,在这里我想说,我为你感到骄傲

Thando Dlomo, I am here to say I am so proud of you

从南非的小镇走了很长一段路来到这里

long way from the township in South Africa

她的阿姨,飞了30个小时来参加今天这个庆典

and her Aunt, has flown 30 hours to be here for this celebration today.

非常感谢你们

Thank you so much.

今天我带来了一些好消息和一些坏消息

So today I come bearing some good news and some bad news

尤其对于想要用沟通能力维持生计的人

for anybody who intends to build the life around your ability to communicate.

我想先说坏消息

So, I want to get the bad news out first

让你们保持清醒

so you can be clear,

我总是喜欢把不好的东西放在前面

I always like to get the bad stuff upfront,

所以坏消息是

so here it is:

我们周围的一切

Everything around us,

包括且特别是互联网和社交媒体

including – and in particular, the internet and social media

现在被用来削弱我们对机构的信任

is now being used to erode trust in our institutions,

干涉我们的选举

interfere in our elections,

对我们的基础设施造成严重破坏

and wreak havoc on our infrastructure.

它让广告商更加了解我们内心深处的渴望

It hands advertisers a map to our deepest desires,

它能让错误信息泛滥成灾

it enables misinformation to run rampant,

注意力时间变短

attention spans to run short

假网站的虚假报道

and false stories from phony sites

出现在主要的新闻媒体上兜圈子

to run circles around major news outlets.

当我们盯着手机看时,就已经进入了不为人知的交易中

We have literally walked into traffic while staring at our phones.

现在,好消息是

Now, the good news:

你们的父母可能会带你们去一个特别的地方吃晚饭

Many of your parents are probably taking you somewhere really special for dinner tonight.

我听说的,我听说的

I heard, I heard, I heard.

我可以做的比那更好一点

I can do a little better than that.

我刚才已经说了坏消息

Now that I have presented some of the bad news,

而好消息是

the good news is that

解决办法还是有的

there really is a solution.

解决办法就在你们每个人身上

And the solution is each and every one of you.

因为你们会成为新的社论信息传递者

Because you will become the new editorial gatekeepers,

一群追求真理的人

an ambitious army of truth seekers

会用智慧武装自己

who will arm yourselves with the intelligence,

用洞察力和必要的事实武装自己

with the insight and the facts necessary

去打击谎言

to strike down deceit.


另附上演讲的无字幕完整版!


视频、音频、演讲稿已更新在会员专享网盘

非会员已停止提供下载服务

购买会员请戳:阿V终身会员


– 猜你喜欢 –

耶鲁校长毕业演讲:越社交越孤独

在国外这篇反鸡汤毕业演讲火了

苹果CEO麻省理工毕业典礼演讲

– 每天挑战一句翻译 –

Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

—— Ralph Waldo Emerson

规则:

1. 翻译上面的句子,英译中

2. 直接在底下评论区回答你的翻译答案

3. 信达雅,不仅准确,也要翻译得漂亮

3. 翻译答案获得点赞数最多的有红包哟

4. 支持大家让好友给自己的评论点赞喔

5. 下期公布名单并发放红包

上期翻译:


When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.

——Charley Benetto

翻译解读:

当你看着母亲时,你凝视的是此生最纯洁的爱。

——查理·贝内托

以请ID为阿拉伯王子的

朋友加我微信收红包哟

– THE END –

Copyright Disclaimer: The copyright of contents (including texts, images, videos and audios) posted above belong to the User who shared or the third-party website which the User shared from. If you found your copyright have been infringed, please send a DMCA takedown notice to copyright@dreamgo.com. For more detail of the source, please click on the button "Read Original Post" below. For other communications, please send to info@dreamgo.com.
版权声明:以上内容为用户推荐收藏至Dreamgo网站,其内容(含文字、图片、视频、音频等)及知识版权均属用户或用户转发自的第三方网站,如涉嫌侵权,请通知copyright@dreamgo.com进行信息删除。如需查看信息来源,请点击“查看原文”。如需洽谈其它事宜,请联系info@dreamgo.com